Company Name Change Service
The name of a company can be changed at any time after incorporation. We file applications electronically on behalf of our clients and the process usually takes two working days to complete.
What is included
- (i) Companies House fee
- (ii) Completion and filing of the NM01 form, which is used to notify Companies House of a change of name.
- (iii) Board Meeting Minutes – Passed by the Directors and retained with the company records.
- (iv) Special Resolution (copy)
- (i) All shareholders must agree to the change of company name
- (ii) There is no requirement to reprint the Articles of Association in the new company name but we are able to deal with this upon request (please note that an additional fee will be charged)
- (iii) A Certificate of Incorporation on Change of Name will be forwarded to you as an email attachment.
Company Name Change - Frequently asked Questions
No. This will remain the same.
If you simply made a spelling mistake when you registered your company name, you will be required to process a change of company name order to correct the mistake.
No. This change requires you to re-register your private limited company to a plc using form RR01.
You will need to provide supporting evidence or a letter of non-objection from the relevant authority to support your application. Please forward this documentation to us by email at your earliest convenience.
When a sensitive word is included in the new company name, we will be required to order your company name change by post, and the whole process will take between 5 to 10 working days.
No. Your original certificate of incorporation will remain intact and will be supplemented with a certificate of company name change. The memorandum will not change, as this lists the subscribers to the company on the day it was formed.