Dormant Accounts Filing
All limited companies are required by law to file annual accounts at Companies House unless a company is dormant, in which case it does not need to file full accounts. Instead, a simplified version of accounts, known as dormant company accounts need to be filed
We operate a dormant account filing service for limited companies and, provided that we receive all required information, the process takes 24 hours (1 working day).
How do I proceed?
- (i) We will forward you a short questionnaire by email regarding the submission of the accounts.
- (ii) Simply confirm your answers to the questions by replying to the email.
- (iii) Provided we receive the required information dormant company accounts will be filed with Companies House on your behalf within 1 working day.
- (v) We will be notified by email once Companies House accepts the dormant accounts.
- (vi) This service is renewable on an annual basis at a cost of £40.00 plus VAT.
What is included?
- Completion and filing of form AA02 dormant company accounts
- Confirmation of acceptance of accounts by Companies House
Dormant Accounts - Frequently asked Questions
If a company has had no significant accounting transactions in the financial year, it can be classified as dormant; however, if it has settled an invoice, paid bank charges, bank interest, paid employees, or paid dividends to shareholders, it will lose its dormant status, as these are all examples of significant accounting transactions.
Exclusions to the rule are: payment for shares issued at the time of incorporation, late filing penalties, and filing fees paid to Companies House.
Companies with dormant company status only need to file a simplified form of accounts with Companies House. These simplified accounts are known as dormant company accounts, and they represent a considerable benefit, as they reduce the statutory burden of filing profit and loss accounts and a director’s report.
Accounts must be filed at Companies House at least once every 12 months.
This service is renewable annually, at a cost of £39.99 plus VAT, ensuring you do not miss a filing date in the future.
If you formed your company using our website, then we will only need to know your company name and number, and if your shares are paid or unpaid, i.e. have the shareholders paid the company for the shares issued to them?
If you did not form your company using our website, we will require your company name and number, webfiling authentication code, shares paid or unpaid, and the name of one director.
It takes 24 hours (1 working day) to prepare and file dormant company accounts with Companies House (subject to having the webfiling authentication code and other required information). We recommend you order the service at least 3 working days prior to the due date.
Please note: We cannot take responsibility for any late filing penalties or fines if your order was not submitted at least 3 working days prior to the due date.
This service is not available to Limited Liability Partnerships.