Transfer of Shares
There are several elements to consider when transferring shares:
- A Stock Transfer form should be completed and executed by the parties. Provided the shares are fully paid up then only the person transferring the shares (the 'Transferor') need sign the Stock Transfer form.
- Payment of Stamp Duty to HMRC (HM Revenue & Customs) or completion of Certification of Exemption.
- Compliance with the requirements of the company's Articles concerning share transfers.
- Approval of registration by the Board.
- Entry of the transferee information in the Register of Members. It is this registration which completes transfer of legal title and constitutes the transferee the registered holder of the shares and a member of the company in respect of those shares.